Upstate Masonry Institute was established to open communication between design professionals engineers, spec writers, suppliers and mason contractors.
UMI Executive Board
- Managing Director - Todd Helfrich
- President - Andrew Sciocchetti, A.J.S Masonry
- Vice President - Brian Casler, Casler Masonry Inc
- Treasurer - Scott Lupini, Lupini Construction, Inc.
- Lew Houghtaling, Debrino Caulking Associates
UMI Advisory Board
- David Biggs – Biggs Consulting Engineering
- Nick Carparelli – Executive Director, NYS Concrete Masonry Association
- Earl Hall- Construction Employers Association of CNY
- Pat Tirino – Vice President Bricklayers Local #2
Did You Know?
Savings on Maintenance Costs. A masonry building requires a minimum of maintenance primarily because masonry does not rust, shatter, warp, dent, buckle or rot, and there is no need for cleaning or repainting. Consideration of the vulnerability to damage of building walls is also important. Whether a careless fork lift operator or strong winds with hail hits the wall, or a heavy object is propped against the wall, masonry can handle the abuse.